Friday, October 10, 2008

For Whom Do I Write?

I write for my children mostly, for my sons and my daughters.
I hope someday they can read my journal of trying to figure things out, along the way,
because
sometimes life will be hard for them,
and I want them to see how the Lord helped me in perhaps similar situations,
that they too will undoubtedly face.
Sometimes what the world says should be fun, just isn't, and
they will need to know its the simplest of things where fun and joy can be found.

That is for whom and why I write.

Sometimes I write to my daughters and Lord willing future daughters-in-love,

to share with them things I've learned along the way as a wife, mama and homemaker.

They'll need ideas and encouragement as I have and will.

That is for whom and why I write.

Sometimes I write to tell one certain someone how much joy he has brought to my life.

He has provided a life for me beyond what I could have ever dreamed.

Our children,

Our home,

His entire self, sacrificed to me and the kids.

That is for whom and why I write.

And to others who I have given an opportunity to eavesdrop into our life, I hope that somehow, the Lord may provide a way to mostly encourage to keep on keeping on. There is so much in life, so many blessings, that are right there in front of us, yet we often miss, because they are so simple, and non-assuming.

It will look so different for you, for me.

Some live in cities, others in the country.

Some have no children, others have many.

Some have to work, others stay at home.

But I believe as I go about my days,

and as you go about yours,

there will be much joy to be found,

That is for whom and why I write.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Jen - how wonderful are your words! Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I do enjoy it so! Yes we are doing this for our kids...I always said my blog was a journal for me to write down my thoughts about my day, and life, someday I want to share it with my kids. Your life is blessed to have such a wonderful family. You are doing such a great job...keep up the good work with nurturing your children, telling them about our Lord, cooking good food for them, making them clothes, and so on...You truly are a Happy Homemaker! Love, Liz

Jen said...

Thank you Liz.

I hope you are having a wonderful fall enjoying those two precious children of yours!

This weekend looks to be a beauty here, and my sister and brother and their families are up, so it will be very nice for us.

Love,

Jen

Stay, stay at home, my heart, and rest;
Home-keeping hearts are happiest,
For those that wander they know not where
Are full of trouble and full of care;
To stay at home is best.

Weary and homesick and distressed,
They wander east, they wander west,
And are baffled and beaten and blown about
By the winds of the wilderness of doubt;
To stay at home is best.

Then stay at home, my heart, and rest;
The bird is safest in its nest;
O'er all that flutter their wings and fly
A hawk is hovering in the sky;
To stay at home is best.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow